Trialogue is looking for a divisional head of ESG advisory and reporting. The individual will oversee and support advisory and reporting solutions for our corporate clients and be a member of Trialogue’s exco. Trialogue’s approach to assisting clients is founded on our integrated thinking principles. The role can be based in either Cape Town or Johannesburg, with hybrid working including two days a week in the office.
Trialogue is a niche corporate responsibility consultancy with more than two decades of industry research and experience. We provide thought leadership and support to our clients in the sustainability and corporate social investment (CSI) arenas, through our publications, knowledge hub, conferences and webinars, as well as our advisory services in CSI , ESG , monitoring and evaluation and client reporting.
Trialogue’s culture is based on our core values of integrity, excellence and respect.
About Trialogue’s ESG advisory and reporting services
Trialogue provides its clients with support on embedding material ESG elements based on our integrated thinking model. Analysis of company performance against this model assists companies in identifying actions and processes that can be improved to advance internal integrated thinking and ESG performance across the business.
Specific advisory services include:
- Gap analysis and benchmarking
- Sustainability strategy, positioning and roadmap
- Conscious adoption of standards and codes
- Materiality assessments
- Stakeholder engagement processes
- Management accountability and performance tracking and internal and external communication
- ESG / sustainability management framework development and roll-out
- TCFD advisory, including skills development and framework integration
Specific corporate reporting services include:
- Integrated reporting (including financial results), sustainability reporting and social impact reporting
- A full range of services from concept design, information collection, writing, editing, proofing, design, photography to print management and delivery
- Advisory support that advances lead practice before and through the reporting cycle
Read more here: https://trialogue.co.za/esg-advisory/ and https://trialogue.co.za/corporatereporting/.
ESG Divisional Head roles and responsibilities
- Ensure division profitability and growth by managing existing client relationships and securing new business
- Compile divisional budgets and track progress against them
- Develop and nurture a team of professional consultants as employees or associates to enable high quality service delivery
- Produce and present compelling client proposals
- Provide strategic guidance to corporate clients, through direct engagement and facilitation of client workshops
- Manage client projects (including reporting projects), through delegation to team members, ensuring quality standards and timelines are achieved
- Design or amend existing advisory and reporting tools and methodologies to ensure they remain current and aligned to changing practices and trends
- Contribute to Trialogue thought leadership in ESG by drafting articles and opinion pieces, recording videos, presenting at conferences and contributing to Trialogue’s marketing, communication and social media efforts
- Qualifications: Post-graduate degree with a focus on sustainability
- Experience: 10 years’ experience in corporate sustainability consulting and/or management consulting. Experience with integrated reporting preferable.
- Proven track record of sales of corporate advisory and/or reporting projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Project and time management skills with the ability to oversee multiple client assignments
- Attention to quality and detail
- Ability to manage team dynamics, mentorship and training
- Good understanding of the corporate sustainability landscape (i.e. codes and standards, reporting frameworks, investing practices, management processes)
To apply for this position, please email an abridged CV (maximum two pages) and a motivation letter of no more than 500 words to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications close 20 November 2023. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide evidence of consulting work previously undertaken.