Senior Sustainability Consultant and Report Writer
Trialogue has an exciting opportunity for a sustainability consultant that has a flair and passion for consulting and writing. In this role, you will assist leading South African companies to improve how they integrate sustainability into their business strategy and governance approach, while also improving their reporting outcomes.
You will be responsible for driving a consulting and report writing process at companies focused on the future sustainability of their company, as well as the environment they operate in.
How you will add value:
- Your experience in sustainability will enable you provide reporting best practice advice to assist in the compilation of integrated and/or sustainability reports for our clients.
- Your consulting experience will enable to you assess and engage companies regarding their gaps in integrated thinking that incorporates sustainability into their overall strategy
- Your excellent project management skills and experience will enable us to meet important milestones, while ensuring professional relationships are enhanced and preserved.
- Your thorough research skills will enable you to review documents and interview client representatives
- Your impeccable writing skills will be essential in how you draft, edit and produce reports of a high calibre.
Why choose Trialogue
- Trialogue (www.trialogue.co.za) is a responsible business consultancy, with offices in Rosebank (Johannesburg) and Kenilworth (Cape Town).
- Over 20 years of research and experience puts us at the forefront of new developments in sustainability and corporate social investment.
- We are a 51% black-owned company.
- Our vision is a society in which businesses anticipate long-term challenges and respond to these responsibly, not only through self-regulation and compliance with the laws of the land, but through inspired leadership that constantly innovates to the benefit of all stakeholders. In this vision, economic growth is sustained and equitable for all citizens.
- Our thought-leadership work and years of experience in working with South African businesses on corporate responsibility issues, ensures that our consulting solutions are in line with best practice. We have access to a small but highly professional and experienced team, selected and groomed to provide pragmatic solutions that are tailored to client’s specific circumstances and budgets.
- As an experienced consultant, you will assume important responsibilities that will enable your continued personal development and career growth.
- Our values drive our behaviour:
- Integrity – the honesty, transparency and moral compass upon which we conduct our business. This includes guarding confidentiality, avoiding conflicts of interest, representing clients honestly, editorial independence and ethical moderation of content.
- Excellence – the professionalism, quality and knowledge that underpins the value we provide to our clients.
- Respect – how we value differences in people to build strength in our immediate relationships, as well as across broader society.
- Graduate or post-graduate degree in journalism, communications, corporate governance, sustainability or a related field
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading capabilities
- Excellent research skills and ability to interpret data
- Excellent project management skills
- Minimum five years’ experience in a research and writing role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint
- Self-motivator who works well under pressure and in a team environment
Email a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Applications close 24 February 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Call for expression of interest: Consultant writer
We are looking for competent consultant writers, based in Johannesburg, to work on sustainability and CSI projects. Tasks will be commissioned on a per-project, contractual basis.
- Degree in environmental science, sustainability, business or related field
- Experience in business report writing, including integrated and sustainability reporting
- Experience and interest in CSI and sustainability
- Analytical skills
- Excellent writing skills
Application process and offer:
Please send a CV and application letter, detailing your interest in writing for Trialogue, as well as your hourly consulting rate, to firstname.lastname@example.org.